John 8:36 - So if the Son makes you free, you will be truly free.

Galatians 5:1 - We have freedom now, because Christ made us free. So stand strong. Do not change and go back into the slavery of the law.


This is my journey.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Audrey in Graphite

So I finished the first in my series of drawings/paintings of all the same picture! The first done is Graphite Pencil, size 12"x16". Here I have the 9 stages of production.


Here, just the very basic layout.




















Starting a bit of shading, some background and the shadow on her neck. Brought her arm in a little, shortening it a bit.
















More shading around, working on a few details.




















Darkening the shadows, adding more. Put in the basics of her ear.



















Starting to put in the black background as a lighter shade of gray. Working more on facial details, and side shadows.



















Finally drew her eyes. Put in a lot more shadows on her arm and neck, a little on her dress. Darkening her hair.
















This one is a little blurry since I took it at night.

Adding more black to the background. Worked a lot on her hair, and softening the shadows on her skin.
















Background fully colored in, just a few minor details left.
















And here it is, finished. I didn't quite get it to look as much like her as I'd hoped, but hopefully that will improve as I continue to draw/paint it.















I used graphite pencils, 4H, 2H, HB, 2B, 8B.

Next up: Acrylic Paints. This will pose more of a challenge, since I will have to take a black and white photo and turn it into color.

2 comments:

  1. It is beautiful...It makes me miss drawing. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did a great job. Who taught you to draw like that? My sister is good at drawing cartoonish looking stuff. I'm just good at drawing a house and tree. :)

    ReplyDelete