John 8:36 - So if the Son makes you free, you will be truly free.

Galatians 5:1 - We have freedom now, because Christ made us free. So stand strong. Do not change and go back into the slavery of the law.


This is my journey.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Perceptions and Dreams

Reading through some old poetry... this from 2010. Even truer now than when I wrote it.

***

Weird how our heart plays tricks on our mind
What we thought that we wanted changed over time

The one that you liked not too long ago
Turned out not to be the one that you know

Strange when we think we know what we want
Turns to something different, brought to the front

The one that you thought you could not like at all
Turns out to be the best one of all

What really is important to me?
Finding the answer, that is the key

What I think I want may not be on God's mind
I find my preferences change over time

Perceptions and daydreams shattered by truth
It doesn't hurt quite as much as I had assumed

How can it be what I wanted so bad
Seems not so important as previously had?




No comments:

Post a Comment