John 8:36 - So if the Son makes you free, you will be truly free.

Galatians 5:1 - We have freedom now, because Christ made us free. So stand strong. Do not change and go back into the slavery of the law.


This is my journey.

Monday, July 2, 2012

How To Pray



Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

How to pray.

I'm sure there are many multiples of books on how to pray. In fact, I have read quite a few of them. It is good to read books, to get that inspiration, that motivation.

But it's the daily “grind.” The hashing it out for perhaps hours or days at a time. The perseverance and faith for an answer when it seems there is none to be found. This is when the truth is revealed and your mettle is tested against the harshness of the battle we are facing.

“Teach me to pray.” I said. “Lord... teach me to pray!”

Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it. - John 14:13-14

He's taken me up on it.

I'm tired of my halfhearted “Lord, please help me, if it's your will,” unsure if what I'm praying even IS His will. I'm tired of the wavering between “yes, God will do this!” and “ugh, God will you really do this?”

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:24
I am ready to step out into living a prayer life in the power God works through me by the blood of Jesus and the working of His Holy Spirit! Ready to move into a life of submission to God's will and move, in me. Through me.

How to pray.

Ask, and it will be given to you seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. - Matthew 7:7
It's the times I don't want to get up early and would rather lay in bed an extra hour. Will I give in to my momentary desire for rest I don't need? It's the times I would rather be working on something, or visiting with friends and family, or really anything else but pray... but will I keep the commitment? It's all the times I am too busy, or too tired, or too hungry, or too distracted, or too much of everything else!


Praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, - Ephesians 6:18


Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another,that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. James 5:14-16
It's intercession and the breaking down of strongholds. God has called me to be a warrior in His name, in His power. Prayer is only one of His battle strategies, but I personally believe the single most important.

Without being built on the basis of prayer, how will we stand strong in the midst of the war? Without the encouragement of prayer, how will we walk through each day in the Light of the Lord? Without intercession, how will we learn to love those who hate us?

How will I?

And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith. Matthew 21:22

No comments:

Post a Comment