John 8:36 - So if the Son makes you free, you will be truly free.

Galatians 5:1 - We have freedom now, because Christ made us free. So stand strong. Do not change and go back into the slavery of the law.


This is my journey.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Will I?

  Look at him!  His way with words...Lord, he would be such a great witness if he was a Christian!  And her...she just gets people inspired and doing things.  How she would be able to speak to people."

  "And what about you?"

  Me?  Uh...I'm just...me.

  "You don't think I could use you to speak to people?"

  Not...not in the same way.  They could do such great things for you!  I wouldn't even know what to say.  I always say the wrong thing, too.

  "Don't you know I will give you the words to say?  You don't think I can work through you as well as anyone?"

   No...I know you can.  You just...could do it better through them.


  "Better?  My power is not strong enough to work as well through you as anyone else?"

  I know.  I know you can.  I'm just...I'm scared, Lord.

  "It is all right to be scared.  It is when you are weak and unable that I become able for you.  It is when you know you cannot do it on your own that you ask me and I help you.  It is when you see the strength you lack and allow me to do my work through you."

  What if they reject me?  What if they don't even want to listen to anything I say?

  "It is not for you to change their hearts.  That is for me.  It is for you to speak the truth.  It is for you to tell others about the reason I came and died, regardless of what their reaction is.  How can their hearts be changed if they do not hear the truth that will change them?"

  But...

  "Enough buts.  Will you be the witness I ask you to be?  The witness I equip you to be?  Will you say the words I give you to say, no matter the cost?  Will you?"

Will I?

No comments:

Post a Comment